Two of my fellow bloggers, TangledLou at Periphery and Kat at My View Through Kat Eyes, recently honoured me by presenting me with a truly lovely award:
I can’t tell you how touched I was to be included in both of their lists for this award – and how much it made my day each time! Thank you so much, my friends, for the kind and wonderful gesture.
Now, I understand that accepting this award involves a couple of things:
- First of all, I am to let you in on seven secrets, little-known facts, or random oddities about myself.
- Secondly, I am to pay it forward by presenting the award to some other deserving bloggers, so that you, too, can share in their sweetness.
I can do that!
So without further ado, here are seven random things about me:
- I am allergic to penicillin, kiwifruit, and rabbit dander.
- I am math phobic, though a good part of my paying job requires me to work with numbers. (Thankfully, I have unrestricted access to calculators and Excel spreadsheets!)
- I am far too honest, so much so that I have a difficult time telling jokes or playing pranks or writing fiction.
- On several occasions I have found disgusting things in restaurant food – a fingernail clipping in my Orange Julius (slurped up through my straw), a live baby slug covered in dressing crawling in the middle of my Caesar salad, a heavy-duty box staple embedded in my dessert, a short and curly hair in my nachos… the list goes on and on. I’m either cursed, or else extremely observant.
- I skipped Grade 1, mostly because I’d already learned to read before I got there.
- I learned to wrap gifts properly when I worked at Hallmark (back when I was 19/20), and now that’s one of my favourite parts of giving Christmas and birthday presents.
- I always wanted an older brother, but by then it was too late.
Now, on to the pay it forward part!
- Notes from Maggie’s Farm
- Good Grief Guru
- Becky Cochrane
- Much Needed Advice for Women
- Classic NYC Story
- Genre Impaired
- Faith in Ambiguity
If you haven’t already found these wonderful people, please take a few minutes and check out their blogs – you won’t be sorry!