You know, it’s not at all difficult to feel several surges of gratitude on a beautiful, warm, peaceful day filled with sunshine and the sounds of birdsong – a day just like today, in fact. Funny how that works, isn’t it?! Welcome to a fresh new month of gratitude!
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Being able to see the colours of Spring through my window – blue sky, bright green grass dotted with sunny yellow dandelions, and deep purple flowers emerging against the green leaves of the lilac bush.
- That our new kitten Mei-Mei has integrated so well with Felix and Oscar, and is becoming less and less shy each day with me and Peter.
- Meeting and getting to know new friends.
- Getting a fabulous deal on an arts and crafts desk, plus being able to pay for part of it with a gift card.
- Fun and free community events.
- Discovering a sushi restaurant (that reminded us of Victoria!) with delicious food and a very reasonably-priced, creative menu.
- Interesting, thought-provoking talks with good friends.
- Completing a huge, long-put-off project – sorting out more than three years’ worth of filing and paperwork – and reaping the rewards by being able to quickly and easily find what I need in an organized file drawer instead of digging through a full cardboard box.
- Successfully working through confusion and self-employment first-timer questions and submitting my income tax return before the deadline.
- Making a small dent in spring-cleaning the back yard.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in May!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.