Peter remarked yesterday that I almost always seem to come down with something post-traveling, particularly when using some form of public transit. And it’s true! Though I was (thankfully) spared from picking up any nasty bugs the last couple of times I was on an airplane, I somehow managed to catch a cold after traveling on the shuttle bus to the zoo this past week (and I totally blame the very cute but runny-nosed kid sitting across the aisle from us!). But… at the top of my gratitude list today is that this seems to be a very, very mild cold – especially compared to the month-long ordeal I faced this past winter! – and I don’t anticipate it hanging around much longer. SO thankful for this!
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- A great day at the Toledo Zoo, safety while traveling, and the opportunity to see and photograph many beautiful, exotic animals.
- Living in a border city with quick, convenient, and inexpensive access to a wide variety of attractions and sights to see, both in and outside our own country.
- My local friends, and the fact that there’s always someone available for fun and good times.
- My non-local friends, who stay connected and share their lives with me via social media.
- The truly excellent You Need A Budget software, which is helping us organize and manage our money (particularly important now that we have FOUR cats with their associated expenses!).
- The knowledge that there will always be something new to learn, some new area in which to grow.
- Excellent deals, sales, and coupons for things you were going to buy anyway.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in May!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.