Welcome to the last gratitude linkup of 2014! I am so very grateful for each of my readers, but today I’m particularly thankful to those of you who have joined me throughout the year in expressing your gratitude and sharing your posts here on Alphabet Salad. I am looking forward to a brand new year of linkups, and invite you to go forward in gratitude with me!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Important! Please share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- A fun Christmas Eve of cookie baking and decorating, a chicken pot pie dinner, gift exchanging, and movie watching with a good friend. She was our first (and only!) friend when we moved to Windsor three years ago, and we’re thankful and blessed to have her in our lives.
- The new Turbo Scratcher Cat Toy she brought for Felix and Oscar. It was a perfect choice, and they are having hours of fun with it (as are Peter and I, just watching them play!).
- A quiet but lovely Christmas Day with Peter including gift opening, a Skype call with my family (including an uncle who was spending the holidays with them), a good long afternoon nap, and ordering in Chinese food for dinner.
- The internet for many reasons, but specifically this week for being a source of answers to questions like, “What do I do if my sugar cookie dough is too dry?” Google to the rescue!
- Safety on the roads throughout a ton of time spent to-ing and fro-ing in the car during the holidays. I was particularly reminded of this when stuck in traffic due to an accident up ahead, just a couple of days before Christmas.
- A plethora of fresh art supplies at my fingertips.
- A wallet full of gift cards to spend.
- Enjoying my first week of vacation time, with another one still to come.