Funny boy Felix has a brand new way of showing affection (or perhaps, more accurately, communicating a “get up and feed me already” message!) – that is, climbing on my chest just as I’m waking up in the morning and licking my chin (and occasionally giving it a gentle play-bite, just to emphasize the point).
That, plus Oscar’s attention-getting ritual of settling in on my chest with his not-so-little head between me and my iPad, makes mornings a very happy time indeed. Who wouldn’t be happy with such in-your-face (literally), demonstrative sweetness?! I do love my fluffy boys – and they always hold top spots on my gratitude list.
Now, before we move on to this week’s Gratitude Linkup, it’s time for an announcement! As a wee gift to my faithful Gratitude Linkup-ers, I’ve upgraded my InLinkz subscription so that links to the posts you share will appear as thumbnails instead of just plain text. Pretty snazzy, huh?! So if you’re joining in on the linkup, I encourage you to take advantage of my upgrade and get the snazzy thumbnails for your own post. How? Easy!
→ click the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post
→ copy/paste the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post
Taking this one extra step is a great way to invite your readers to check out the other posts in the Gratitude Linkup, and maybe even join in with their own gratitude goodness. Win-win!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Important! Please share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- A great second post-surgery checkup for Peter. No more clinic visits – his next checkup will be three months down the road, at the surgeon’s office! He’s now done three weeks on crutches with three more weeks (or less?) to go, then he can move on to a cane, after which he’ll be walking on his own – without pain. Unbelievable.
- This is Plan Be – “a scheme for intentional good.”
- The opportunities that come my way as a blogger.
- Our trivia team friends.
- Kind words and deeds.
- The smart, no-nonsense, plain-speaking integrity of Elizabeth Warren.
- Blogging groups with diligent leadership and supportive membership.
- Another feature in the FMS Photo A Day group on Facebook! Having these little affirmations is so encouraging.
- Above-and-beyond generosity.