Though it’s technically impossible to actually transmit smell via photograph, I’m sure as heck going to give it a shot today… because the aroma of this morning’s freshly-ground coffee beans was utterly intoxicating. Talk about an instantaneous happy day!
Though I used to have a multiple-cup-a-day habit (many, many years ago), I don’t drink a lot of coffee these days – for the most part it’s just the one cup in the morning (though if we go out for breakfast and linger awhile I’ll almost certainly have a refill). Still, even that one cup daily ritual is so very satisfying and, somehow, comforting. I might even go so far as to say that coffee is on my gratitude list, silly though it might be! (For that matter, the fact that I’m down to one cup a day is cause for gratitude – enjoyment without major dependency.)
Oh coffee, my coffee!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- The arrival of fall, and a nice long stretch of gorgeous sunny days. I’m not sure exactly why, but I always feel the most “myself” at this time of year, so the arrival of fall is always welcome.
- Interesting discussions with my book club friends.
- Authors who share their talent and creativity with the world.
- My friends. My friends. My friends. It bears repeating.
- Laughter, silliness, and smart, funny people.
- My decision to jump on the The 100 Happy Days bandwagon, and the perspective my participation is giving me.
- Getting a date to look forward to for Peter’s hip replacement surgery. (Yes, for those of you who have known me long-term, it’s time for yet ANOTHER hip replacement surgery. This one is for the other side, and it’ll be in November. I’m sure I’ll be writing more about it over time.)
- Our Canadian medical system, Peter’s wonderful surgeon, and the fact that he could have scheduled the surgery for as soon as October, except that the available date fell during a time when I’d be out of town.
- Anticipating my upcoming visit to Victoria – reuniting with my family, friends, and co-workers, some for the first time since we moved almost three years ago.
→ The 100 Happy Days web site
→ My 100 Happy Days posts