Before getting on with gratitude… today’s happiness is brought to you by a fun little book I’ve had since childhood. A friend shared something on Facebook about Ogden Nash that reminded me of the book, which is called My Tang’s Tungled and Other Ridiculous Situations. It’s full of silly rhymes and tongue-twisters and the most delightful illustrations, and is one of the few books I kept over many moves throughout the years. Yes, I’m an adult now, but reading it still makes me happy!
Here’s a little poem that’s included in the book – hope it makes you smile. 🙂
by Ogden Nash
The panther is like a leopard,
Except it hasn’t been peppered.
Should you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say Ouch.
Better yet, if called by a panther,
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Referral fees! It’s so great when a product I use and love gives me a return on investment.
- Successfully and smoothly updating my iPhone to iOS 8 with no mishaps or losses.
- That I didn’t lose my iPad in spite of some technical difficulties that made me think it was a goner.
- Social media and all that it offers, especially the ability to connect with people I might not otherwise hear from on a regular basis.
- Fresh, tasty, sweet, organic strawberries.
- Little blogging successes and reinforcements.
- Relaxing weekends that give me time to enjoy life.
- My husband, who faithfully cooks delicious and healthy meals for the two of us.
- All the everyday conveniences that I so often take for granted: indoor plumbing… heat when I’m too cold, air conditioning when I’m too hot… fresh, clean, clear, drinkable water.