You’re probably going to laugh, but at the top of today’s gratitude list at this moment in time is the fact that the skin condition that’s been bothering me for months now appears to be pretty much cured! Within a day or two of discontinuing use of the beeswax lip balm that I discovered was triggering an allergic reaction, the skin around my mouth cooperated by clearing up and ceasing to torment me. I can’t tell you how nice it is to be back to my usual self again! I’m so grateful for the friend who guided me to finding the solution, for such a speedy recovery from a problem that I thought might never go away, AND for the secondary benefit of awareness leading to ditching a long-entrenched habit. It’s a good day!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Safe travels for both Peter and his brother to and from Toronto this week. Peter did get a flat tire on the way there, but thankfully it didn’t happen at high speed (he noticed it just as he was starting to get going again after passing through a slow construction zone), and thankfully we had signed up for a CAA membership just a few months ago, so he didn’t even have to mess with changing the tire himself on the side of the highway.
- Successful kidney transplant surgery for Peter’s niece.
- Getting a few long-outstanding, niggling tasks organized and dealt with, and the sense of satisfaction that followed.
- Having one of my posts featured on BlogHer – always a day-maker.
- Visa rewards points! I was able to cash in a bunch in exchange for a couple of gift cards, which I used to buy a new piece of luggage that replaces the one that was ruined on my way to San Jose this summer. The one I bought must have been on clearance (thanks to the friend who spotted it!), as it was DEEPLY discounted – so I ended up with a really nice suitcase (nicer than I would have normally been able to purchase) plus a bunch of money left on a gift card to spend on something else.
- Peter’s love, sense of humour, smarts, and beautiful blue eyes.
- Free online classes from You Need A Budget (I finished taking the last of them this week, and they were terrific).
- An end to heat alert days and a return to open windows weather.