So… Number One on my gratitude list today is my employer. Why, you ask? Well, I’m always grateful to them for several reasons – giving me a job in the first place, keeping me around even when times were tough, generosity with salary and bonuses, agreeing to allow me to work from home when I moved across the country… the list goes on! But this week I was particularly grateful when they offered to fly me to Victoria to work in the office for a few days this fall. The best part? We were able to schedule my trip for a week and a half in October spanning a number of special occasions – my parents’ anniversary, dad’s birthday, sister’s birthday, and Thanksgiving – which I’ll be able to celebrate with my family! As you can imagine, I am SO EXCITED (and they might be a little bit as well)! So yes, my employer definitely gets top billing on my gratitude list today. 🙂
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- A successful week of healthy eating, drinking enough water, and fitting in some exercise every day.
- Our new walkway, sidewalk, paved road, and now the fresh sod on the front lawn… I do believe the work on our street is pretty much over and done with!
- A front porch where we can sit and watch the world go by.
- Safety for the tiny little kid we saw running across a busy street and heading to the park, without an adult in sight. (We got involved – remind me to tell you that story sometime!)
- The groups of which I’m a member – trivia, two book clubs, dining group – and the friends I’ve met through them.
- Coffee, especially on weekend mornings.
- Getting an advance invite for Spotify in Canada (I never get advance invites!) and being able to enjoy a whole bunch of great, free music streaming on my computer.
- Surprise flowers blooming in the back yard.
- Opportunities to pay it forward.
- The trickling and bubbling sounds of my neighbour’s outdoor water feature.
- Making some progress with catching up on my To Do List after getting behind.