Today, nature fills me with gratitude… because the day lilies in our back alley have blossomed, and they’re gorgeous! Just as ivy can beautify an abandoned wreck of a building, these cheerful lilies provide an unexpected pop of colour and loveliness in an otherwise utilitarian (and rather decrepit, truth be told) alleyway, and the sight of them never fails to bring a spark of joy to my heart.
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Air conditioning. While I would far rather enjoy the summer air through an open window, I’m so grateful for our AC on days such as the ones we’ve had lately where the humidity makes doing so unbearable.
- The contractors who built the railing in our non-air-conditioned attic bedroom last summer, and taught us the trick of putting a fan at the bottom of the stairs to direct the cooled air from the second floor into the attic. We are certainly benefiting from their wisdom again this summer!
- Fabulous thrift store finds on 50% off day.
- The pampering satisfaction of a pedicure.
- Ongoing opportunities to use our new barbecue and patio set for backyard cookouts.
- Being able once again to view the amazing annual display of fireworks over the Detroit river, this time with guests in tow. So glad the rain held off that day!
- Continued safe travels for my sister and friend.
- A lovely evening with Peter – Greek food, music, and people-watching at Carrousel, followed by a relaxing chat by the river as the sun set.
- New curbs on our side of the street! Can a sidewalk and (gasp!) paved road be far behind?! I think not!
- Being able to give practical help to a friend in a time of need.
- The gift of a four-day weekend (thank you, Canada Day, for falling on a Tuesday this year!).
- The friends and acquaintances who choose to read my blog and support my creative efforts.
- That I have everything I need, plenty that I want, and several of my wishes.