Welcome to June! Not meaning to be repetitive or anything, but once again our back yard is at the top of my gratitude list for the week. We’ve had some fun over the weekend shopping for a barbecue and also an outdoor dining set – partly in anticipation of our soon-to-arrive houseguests, but also because it’s high time we made our back yard a place to relax and enjoy (particularly since the current roadwork on our street makes sitting on the front porch a less than pleasant experience!). We should be getting both the barbecue and dining set this coming week, so perhaps next weekend I’ll be able to do some writing and tangling while sitting outside in the fresh spring air. I’m looking forward to the opportunity!
Another reason for back yard gratitude is our pretty lilac bush (incidentally, neither of us knew – or remembered – that we had one!) which bloomed this week. The fragrance was so strong I could smell it through the open window of my second floor office – gorgeous!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Having a whole host of great professionals in my life – including my doctor, dentist, optometrist, and hair stylist (all of whom I saw within the past couple of weeks) – who are each doing their part to keep me healthy and well-groomed. I feel very fortunate to have easy access to all of these resources.
- Finding out that I don’t need to get progressive lenses just yet – apparently the lowest strength of reading glasses from the dollar store will do the trick for reading small print while I’m wearing my contacts. One less expense!
- Although I was devastated to hear the news of Maya Angelou’s passing this week, I am grateful for the inspiration she’s been and her legacy which will live on.
- My friend Becky Cochrane, who not only purchased one of my Zendala buttons but also shared it in a blog post for her regular “Button Sunday” feature. I am so very grateful for her support!
- A productive week of tangling, bringing me closer to completion of my “Zenletter” project and being able to offer monogrammed products in my Zazzle shop.
- Laughing with friends.
- Three cats who enjoy being near me (read: sleeping on and around my desk) while I’m working.
- All of the fun (and often free) events on offer in my city during the summer months.
- Gorgeous weather.