It’s been a rough week full of frustrations, unexpected bad news, and expensive vet visits. And yet, even amidst the chaos and sadness, there is gratitude… and continually, quietly, thoughtfully drawing myself back to that focus has helped to pull me through and keep me going. Never underestimate the power of gratitude.
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Dental office staff who were cheerfully accommodating when I woke up and found that our water had been shut off due to roadwork and I wouldn’t be able to brush my teeth and take a shower in time to get to my appointment. I’m grateful that they agreed to reschedule AND that they didn’t make me feel bad for my request to do so.
- Our cats’ wonderful vet and the fantastic staff at the animal hospital.
- Learning after receiving the results of another test that Grisabella has an infection that might have contributed to the very concerning results from her bloodwork – which is actually good news, because an infection can be treated. It’s still day to day, and we’re not sure how much damage has been done to her kidneys, but if we can clear up the infection and get her to gain some weight we might just be able to keep her with us for awhile yet.
- That, after several days of lethargy, almost no food intake, and most of her time spent hiding under the bed, Grisabella has started to respond to treatment and seems to be almost completely back to her normal alert, interested, and hungry self. I never thought I’d be so happy to see her eating, yet I’m grateful for every bite she takes, and grateful that she’s once again doing it enthusiastically.
- Social opportunities with friends – trivia night at the pub, girls’ day pedicures, movie night – that help to distract us for a time from our worries.
- Following the recommendation of a friend and going to a professional printer to have some of my drawings scanned. Five drawings for five dollars seems like a great deal to me, and gave me a far better and faster result than if I’d tried to mess around with doing it myself.
- My innate stubbornness! I started setting up a Zazzle shop this week and found it so incredibly frustrating and confusing that I almost threw in the towel… but my good ol’ stubbornness kicked in and forced me to carry on and not give up. In the end, I figured it out and am now well on the way to launching my shop.
- People who are willing to give pedicures. Seriously! I am NOT a fan of feet (beyond being glad that I have them, of course!), and can’t imagine voluntarily touching a stranger’s feet (*shudder*)… yet I greatly enjoy the relaxation and results that come from getting a pedicure, so am grateful for the people who don’t feel queasy about giving them!
- Family and friends who care about what’s going on in our lives.