Today is one of those days… one of those days where it’s utterly natural and EASY to express gratitude, because my life is crammed full to bursting with blessings. In fact, it’s SO full that it’s spilling over the top and making a huge mess! A lovely, delightful, joyful mess. Perfect timing for the Gratitude Linkup!
I hope you’ll join me!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Success – losing nearly 5 pounds on my first week back to healthy eating… affirmation that I am on the right path.
- Being inside while a light dusting of snow covers the ground, with nothing on the schedule except for time on the couch with a good book, a cat or three, a warm blanket, and the possibility of an afternoon nap.
- When the only piece of clothing in the store that worked for me also happened to be on a major sale.
- My wonderful husband and his generous spirit.
- The young sales clerk at the drugstore who told me my hair looked “super cute” and totally made my day.
- Turkey with all the trimmings.
- Having another post featured on BlogHer.
- That big plastic tote downstairs that’s full of hours of fun in the form of a great selection of board games.
- Friends who are willing to play board games!
- Acrylic nails. This might seem like a silly and frivolous thing to have on a gratitude list, but my own nails aren’t particularly nice, and acrylics make me feel so much prettier, so I’m grateful they’re available to me. I’m also grateful that in my part of the world they are FAR less expensive than they were where I used to live, so I can actually afford them!
- The “perfect storm” that brought me and my amazing group of friends together.
- Ending up with the ideal-for-me present at the end of a gift exchange.
- Having naturally curly hair.
- Friends who say kind things about and to me.
- Days when it’s easy to be grateful!