One of the times I find it difficult to practice gratitude is when I experience a disappointment – when things don’t go quite the way I wish they’d go. When that happens it’s all too easy to slip into a discontented “poor me” mindset, and if I’m not careful that mindset can cloud my vision and make it difficult for me to see the reality of my many blessings.
I am thankful for this weekly reminder to focus on gratitude… not only by taking the time to count my blessings, but also by looking at the disappointments from another angle and turning them into thoughts of gratitude.
I hope you’ll join me!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- The wonderful posts that were shared in last week’s Gratitude Linkup.
- Access to excellent, non-addictive pain treatment for Peter.
- Opportunities to put whatever technical knowledge I have to good use by helping someone else learn something new.
- Beautiful heritage buildings that have been restored and improved rather than torn down.
- Really, really funny people.
- A full to bursting social life – so full that I actually have to say no sometimes because I can’t be in two places at once.
- Having a venue that hosts fabulous acts within five minutes of my home.
- The thrill of finally seeing a long-awaited movie (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire).
- Knowing that there are still two more movies in the series (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2) yet to come.
- Everything I’ve learned (and am continuing to learn), both about dieting and myself, in The Beck Diet Solution.