This past week has been busy, crazy, overwhelming, and immensely fun, all at the same time… one of those weeks where it seems as though everything that could possibly be packed in to my waking hours, was. But I made it through, and now that I have a few quiet minutes it’s a delight to stop and reflect in a spirit of gratitude. I’d love it if you’d join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- The installation of a better, faster modem and an upgrade to our internet capabilities, for only $1.00 more each month. Wheeeee!
- Successfully negotiating a $30.00 per month discount on our cable, phone, and internet bundle.
- Reaching the age in life where I’m not afraid or too shy to ask for what I want. (“If you don’t ask, they can’t say yes!”)
- Celebrating 14 years of marriage to my best friend.
- Surprise anniversary gifts from family.
- Wrapping up and launching the Deb’s Diner web site, just in time for their third anniversary celebration.
- That we were lucky enough to stumble upon Deb’s Diner when we first came to Windsor, and that despite nine months of major roadwork on the street right outside their restaurant they managed to weather the storm and stay in business.
- Crossing another item off my unwritten bucket list – seeing Great Big Sea in concert. What a terrific show!
- The festive spirit of Christmas craft fairs, and having the opportunity to enjoy the results of people’s hard work and creativity.
- Our beautiful pair of tuxedo kittens, Felix and Oscar (one of whom is currently batting at my screen as I type), who are celebrating their first birthday today (and who technically can no longer be called kittens).