Today’s happiness is brought to you by an odd little (well, not REALLY so little) something that’s actually on my gratitude list as well: my home office scanner. Weird, right? But hang on – I can explain…
Yesterday I started working on a holiday-themed tangle design, and was enjoying myself so much that I couldn’t stop drawing until I’d finished (which ended up being in the wee hours of this morning). I’d originally intended to turn the piece into a Christmas card for Peter and I to give to friends and family, but was so pleased with the end result that I decided it would be a good candidate for Ten Thousand Tangles… and because this particular design was smaller than usual (i.e., 6″ x 6″) I was actually able to scan it at home instead of waiting for and paying the printer to do it. After some tweaking, I ended up with a really high-quality digital image, and have been adding products to my shop like crazy all day. It’s SO rewarding to be able to get on with things and see immediate results… so thank you, dear home office scanner, for bringing me such happiness today!
(P.S. – It can take up to 24 hours for the products I add to show up to the general public, although it does look as though a few of them have already been posted. You can visit Ten Thousand Tangles to see the design now if you’d like, but I’ll also share the link and a photo on my next Tangled Tuesday post, as by then all of the products should have shown up.)
→ The 100 Happy Days web site
→ My 100 Happy Days posts
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Well-attended and safe Remembrance Day ceremonies across the country.
- Living in Canada, “the True North strong and free” – and all the people who have sacrificed something of themselves so that it could be (and stay) this way.
- Celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary, and receiving some lovely gifts and wishes from family and friends.
- The oil-filled space heater in our attic bedroom. We don’t need to turn it on very often, but it’s awfully nice to have it available when we do!
- The roadwork and beautifying that was done on our street this past summer, and more recently the same sort of work that was finished on the main street in our neighbourhood. Not only does everything look so much nicer, but also driving on it is SO smooth – what a welcome change! I’m grateful to live in a vibrant, character-filled neighbourhood.
- Less than a week to go until Peter’s hip replacement surgery! So grateful that he will soon be out of pain and on the mend.