Today’s happiness is brought to you by a slow, winding drive along Riverside and a quiet walk in the park on a gorgeous autumn afternoon. The trees are unspeakably lovely at this time of year, ranging in colour from crimson to copper to gold to bronze, and it makes my heart happy to drink in their beauty.
While at the park I took a photo of my favourite tree, which I thought seemed like an appropriate choice to represent my happy day.
Riverside Drive is one of our city’s beauty spots, and living so close to it is always on my gratitude list!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Being able to vote in our first municipal election here in Windsor (and even seeing a couple of our candidates of choice win!).
- Stumbling across unexpected inspirational words on Facebook.
- Peaceful evenings of tangling, surrounded by cats and listening to good music.
- A day at the end of October that felt for all the world like summer.
- Helpful and friendly sales clerks who go the extra mile and really take an interest in meeting your needs.
- Discovering and falling in love with Thoreau while reading Walden for book club.
- My book clubs! It’s so great having the opportunity to be introduced to new authors and read books I might never have otherwise found the time for.
- Our friends at our favourite diner.
- Dollar stores.
- My own good health and the blessing of living a pain-free existence.
- Our house – its space, its character, the upgrades done by others and daily enjoyed by us, and the safe shelter it’s provided us for the past three years.