Today’s happiness is brought to you by a sunny Sunday afternoon with time to curl up on the couch with an assortment of creature comforts – soft blanket, a fluffy cat or two, hot cup of tea – and a book I’ve wanted to read for quite some time but never managed to get around to doing so (I’m getting around to it now because it’s next up in one of my book clubs).
Being a member of not one but two book clubs is certainly on my gratitude list, for this and many other reasons as well!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Having a very productive week, both personal and work-related.
- Being able to get right back on track with diet and exercise after a lovely and indulgent-by-choice vacation, and seeing immediate results.
- Canada’s media and their overall rational, non-sensationalistic response to tragedy.
- Seeing people put aside their differences, for however short a time, and come together in support and solidarity.
- Having the chance to share some of the blogging knowledge and skills I’ve gained with someone who’s just starting out in the blogosphere.
- Fun social times with friends.
- Creative and business inspiration and support from my sister.
- Validation in the form of one of my photos highlighted in the top five for the day on the Photo A Day Facebook Group.
- That, when I dropped my (very heavy) iPad on my face (corner first) while lying in bed, it only gave me a slightly numb upper lip and didn’t crack a tooth!
- People who have the ability to make me laugh.
- Having the freedom and opportunity to vote in our upcoming municipal election.
- Kind and thoughtful words from friends.