Today’s happiness is brought to you by a delicious snack of WildFire Bakery bread, toasted and buttered and spread liberally (what can I say? I like a little bread with my jam!) with Mom’s chunky pear-ginger jam (AKA My Very Favourite Jam in the Whole Wide World).
That this precious jar of spicy golden goodness made it home safely is definitely on my gratitude list!
Now you can all rest assured that this will be the last Victoria-centric, food-related happiness post for a long while. (Or will it? she mused, recalling a certain other jar of something carefully tucked away in her suitcase…)
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Since I was still in Victoria for much of the last week, I can pretty much echo most of the items on my previous gratitude list, as the great stuff just kept on coming! I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have had a simply wonderful holiday in Victoria and great times with family and friends.
- That when I knocked over a gigantic, full cup of hot coffee as I was trying to fit the lid on the cup at the airport café (hey, it was REALLY EARLY!), not even so much as a drop hit me or my bags. And for the cheerful café worker who cleaned up the huge mess made by clumsy me. (She even offered to make me another cup, but I declined. Apparently I’m not safe to handle such things at that time of the morning!)
- Safe travel and uneventful (and quick!) flights for me from Victoria back to Windsor.
- The beautiful, welcoming smile on Peter’s face when he saw me for the first time at the airport.
- Our two fluffy boys, who welcomed me enthusiastically with shameless fawning and loud purrs.
- That all of the breakable items I packed in my suitcase remained intact.
- Having a DVR that allowed us to record our favourite TV programs while I was away and watch them together when I returned.
- Being able to work just one day before having a weekend to “recover” from my trip.
- Having time to devote to finishing my tangled alphabet.