I have really come to appreciate this little ritual, this once-weekly segment of time I’ve carved out to specifically, intentionally focus on cultivating a spirit of gratitude in my heart. And I’ve recently noticed that the attitude has begun to spill over into the rest of the week, too! Amazing what happens when you give something worthwhile even a little bit of regular practice.
I’d love it if you’d join me!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- The return to standard time. Yay for “falling back” and reclaiming that blessed hour of sweet slumber!
- Live theatre and all involved who give of their time, money, and talent – playwrights, actors, set designers, costumers, sound and lighting technicians, volunteers, patrons, audience… have I forgotten anyone? Because I’m truly grateful to everyone who makes it happen.
- Being a writer… the ability to capture and record my voice… having a platform to share it.
- Unexpectedly finding a sweet handwritten note perched atop my keyboard one morning this week.
- Friendship of all kinds, shapes, and sizes.
- Inspiration, even when it strikes at inopportune times (such as in the middle of a shower, or right before falling asleep).
- The blogging community and their excitement about November’s “official” NaBloPoMo.