Over the past couple of months our dining out budget has been seriously scaled back, so when we do go out it feels like an extra special treat. Today’s happiness, then, is brought to you by an early afternoon brunch with Peter at our favourite local diner. The coffee was great, the food was delicious, and both Deb and Patti were there today (plus, we showed up after the morning rush, so they even had time to sit and chat for a few minutes). All sorts of happy-making things going on!
Our friendship with the two of them, and our connection with the diner, hold a permanent spot on my gratitude list.
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Mondays off! After many years of working five days a week, being able to cut down to four is a real blessing, and something that’s always on my gratitude list.
- Sincere compliments.
- Beautiful weather for our apple picking afternoon with a friend.
- The fact that working part time at my salaried job allows me many non-office hours each week to devote to my own interests and creative pursuits.
- Plans coming together to meet up with friends during my upcoming trip to Victoria.
- Our public library and all the free resources it offers us. I’m also grateful that our book club’s selection for this month was available immediately, and that I was able to put a hold on it for myself (because I’ll have plenty of time to read while flying across the country!).
- The love and affection I get from our two sweet cats (who I am going to miss terribly while I’m away).
- Moments of feeling really good about myself.
→ The 100 Happy Days web site
→ My 100 Happy Days posts