YOU are on my gratitude list every day, but today you’re featured in the top spot… because if it wasn’t for YOU, I would never have bothered with a blog and would have instead kept my writing to myself. Yet, because of YOU, I have had the joy of discovering how creatively challenging, empowering, fulfilling, and just plain fun writing for an audience can be. So thank you, my friends – for reading, for lurking quietly, for commenting publicly, and, sometimes, for taking the time to send private messages of appreciation for something I’ve said or shared. YOU have my heart and my gratitude!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Having a three-day weekend, every week. I do love my Mondays off!
- Book club discussions.
- Working extremely long and late one day to meet an annual deadline… a gentle reminder of just how fortunate I am to work part-time and regularly have so many hours to spend on my own personal, non-work interests.
- After a long day, having nothing more than a flight of stairs as my commute from the office to a comfy living room.
- Being trusted.
- Having a husband who cooks dinner every day.
- A serendipitous meet-up at the mall which resulted in a great visit and stimulating chat with a friend.
- Restaurants with delicious, inexpensive food.
- That joyous feeling of driving while listening to a favourite song and singing along at the top of my lungs, unselfconsciously and without abandon.
- Listening from another room when Peter plays the banjo or sings along to one of his favourite songs.
- Enjoying some quiet preparation in my tangle sketchbook and anticipating the creativity of my April blogging project.
- Spring! Spring! Spring!
- Both a) finding something I’d long been searching for and b) discovering it was being offered at a huge discount. Win-win!
- When good things happen to and for my friends.