The snow! It appeared again in the form of a big dump this past Wednesday, making us all wonder if Mother Nature had truly lost the plot and forgotten that Spring is supposed to be arriving this coming week. But I’m happy to say that she came through for us in the end and provided me with the first item on my gratitude list for today. I looked out the living room window in the early afternoon on Friday and saw that the front yard was mostly covered in a fairly substantial amount of snow… but when I checked again just a few hours later it had ALL melted and the entire lawn was visible. Talk about quick… thank you, sunshine and warmth!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Having one of my photos highlighted in the Photo A Day Challenge Facebook Group.
- Cuddles with the cats.
- Connecting with new people and expanding my circle of friends.
- When my cooking experiments work.
- DVD marathons with Peter.
- All of the choices and options available to us in stores, either locally or online – pretty much anything we could possibly need, want, or wish for is right there at our fingertips.
- Receiving a gift of a big box of Girl Scout cookies – eight different flavours! – from a lovely friend in the US. Such fun, as we only have Girl Guide cookies – definitely NOT the same! – in Canada.
- An evening of live theatre, even when the play is a little bizarre.
- Support and encouragement from friends.
- The opportunity to spend a gift card on something special.
- Soaking up the atmosphere in Starbucks – drinking an Americano while listening to people’s chatter and Etta James crooning in the background.
- This video. And this one, too. And the beautiful people and heart behind both of them.