Well, it snowed last night. AGAIN. But even in the midst of my frustration with The Winter That Might Never End, there is cause for gratitude: waking up to find that our neighbour was in the process of shoveling our walk. AGAIN! We need to put some serious thought into a creative way of repaying him for his kindness. Any ideas?
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Getting an unexpected $50 discount (accumulated Air Miles cash rewards) on our groceries. What a nice surprise that was!
- Checking my post office box and finding three RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness) – envelopes full of lovely stationery and goodies – sent to me by members of various Filofax-related groups.
- The unbelievable kindness and generosity exhibited on the RAK groups every single day – complete strangers sharing from their resources to brighten the day of someone they will probably never meet in person.
- Enjoyable books by good writers.
- The satisfaction and feeling of achievement that comes from finally tackling a long-overdue project.
- Being invited (via discovery of my blog) to the grand opening of a new restaurant in town, and enjoying an enormous and delicious fajita feast with three friends, all for the cost of a $5.00 (each) donation to a local charity. Best value ever!
- Looking forward to not one, but two birthday celebrations for two good friends this coming week.
- My friends. I feel as though I say it nearly every week, but it’s almost impossible to fully convey the depths of gratitude I have for all of the beautiful, diverse, fun, supportive, talented, thoughtful people that have been placed in my life. When I think about how truly and completely blessed I am in the area of friendship, it almost feels like a dream… if it is, I hope I never wake up!
- Many opportunities for hysterical laughter at the daily antics of our three silly cats.