Today is a special anniversary for us – it’s been exactly one year since Grisabella, Felix, and Oscar came into our lives and home and became a part of our little family. (Here’s their story, in case you missed it.) The three of them bring an overflowing abundance of joy, love, laughter, and insanity (the good kind, for the most part!) into our lives, so gratitude for our lovely little fur creatures definitely tops my list today!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Public libraries.
- Public libraries (such as mine) that offer Freegal – three free and legal (hence the name) music downloads a week. It takes time, organization, and patience, but I’ve obtained whole albums through this great service!
- Accommodating friends who graciously agree to go out of their way to pick me up, bring me with them to events, and drop me off at home afterward when I’m being a major wimp about driving on (and getting stuck in) snow and ice.
- The warm coziness of handmade slippers.
- A life lesson learned from a helpful stranger.
- Fun dining experiences, like sharing Dim Sum with a large group of friends.
- A return (however brief) to warmer weather.
- Gathering with friends for games, snacks, and laughter.
- Bloggers who go above and beyond in their support of fellow bloggers.
- Discovering the term ambivert.
- The realization that, in spite of a couple of small experiences to the contrary, the vast majority of my dealings with people online have been incredibly positive and pleasant.
- Hitting, and then surpassing, 300 “Likes” on my Alphabet Salad Productions Facebook Page.
- Being the suspected target of a comment love bomb on one of my recent posts.