This has been an exceptionally busy and happy week of appointments and errands and enjoying evening after evening of fun outings with friends. Today’s gratitude list, then, starts off with a sense of profound thankfulness for the wonderful people in my life and the many, many opportunities to enjoy good times that continually present themselves to me.
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- My fabulous hair stylist who helps me make the very most and best of what I have.
- Being able to pass on some skill or bit of knowledge and make someone else’s life a little better in the process.
- Showers (as in the instead-of-a-bath variety), fresh and invigorating and clean-making.
- Non-junky dollar store finds – like the amazing portable-size paper cutter I picked up for $3.00 that works an absolute treat.
- Creating something that not only makes me happy, but is appreciated by and benefits others.
- Random Acts of Kindness – the opportunity to share without expecting anything in return.
- Being able to help my team almost win at Pub Stumpers Trivia this week (second only by a point!), even though I’m really NOT very good at trivia. (Finally, some use for that stockpile of 80s music memories occupying space in my brain!)
- Interesting book club discussions.
- Learning from diversity of opinions, views, experience.
- The online friends who participate in the Gratitude Linkup each week.
- Inspirational news stories.
- Simon & Garfunkel.
- Talented friends who write good books.
- A moment of realization that, in spite of a handful of things I wish were different, I wouldn’t trade my life or who I am for anything.