Happy Groundhog Day! Well, maybe NOT so happy for some of us, as I understand several famous groundhogs saw their shadow and therefore predicted six more weeks of winter. BOO! But not to worry… my gratitude list is full in spite of ongoing not-so-pleasant weather, and I’d love to hear from you as to what’s on yours!
Hope you’ll join me in this week’s Gratitude Linkup!
(If you’d like a bit of background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup, check out this post.)
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- The ability and opportunity to perform a Random Act of Kindness.
- Fun times with new friends.
- Having one of my photos chosen as part of a “best of” list.
- Receiving an unexpected, unearned, delightful gift.
- Long-awaited updated tracking details: “Your parcel has left the United Kingdom and is on its way to Canada.”
- Celebrating Chinese New Year with mouth-wateringly delicious Asian takeout, and discovering extra goodies added to our order by the lovely restaurant owner (who we’ve been getting to know over the past few months).
- Adobe Acrobat making it as easy as pie to flawlessly edit the text of a document when I didn’t have access the original.
- Trying out our new KitchenAid mixer – a gift from my parents – for the first time, and discovering what an absolute treat it is to use.
- Having fun working together with Peter in the kitchen, teaching him to bake cookies (his very first baking experience).
- Peanut butter cookies!
- Being hit by a feeling of unexplained excitement and anticipation.
- Mom, who just celebrated another birthday.
- Enjoying the most delicious, fresh-baked, puffy pita at a local restaurant.
- Being able to carry out eagerly anticipated plans for dinner and a musical, despite some questionable weather early in the day.
- Humour. Laughter. Funny, talented performers.
- Being honest and open after making a mistake, and coming out of the situation with a far better result than if I’d just kept quiet.
- Our small, locally-owned, incredibly helpful and service-oriented neighbourhood pharmacy.
- Facebook groups – bunches of previously-unknown people who share a common interest and take delight in comments about and photos of things (Zentangle and Filofax, for example) that most of your “real life” friends just don’t get!