If you’ve been reading Alphabet Salad for awhile, you’ll know that I periodically post gratitude lists – short, quick inventories of things in my life for which I’m grateful at a particular moment in time.
Others have expressed appreciation for this practice, as well as interest in trying it out for themselves… so, acting on a suggestion from one of my readers, I thought I’d take things a step further and introduce a new Alphabet Salad blog tradition – the Gratitude Linkup.
Now YOU can get involved!
The Gratitude Linkup
The linkup is designed to encourage bloggers to regularly create their own gratitude lists and share them with the blogosphere, and also have the opportunity to be encouraged and share the joy by reading about the good things happening in the lives of their fellow bloggers.
At this point I’m planning to do this each Sunday, and leave the linkup open for the whole week.
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
- Write and post an entry in your own blog containing your gratitude list for a moment in time.
- Share the URL to your gratitude blog post by clicking the “add your link” button at the end of this post and filling out the information.
- Share the Gratitude Linkup with your blog readers by clicking the “get the InLinkz code” link at the end of this post and copy/pasting the appropriate code into your gratitude blog post.
- Visit some of the blogs listed in the Gratitude Linkup and comment on their posts.
Easy as pie! (Mmmm, pie…)
So without further ado, and in no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- A comfortable bed in a beautiful, cosy room.
- Rediscovering the joy of daily blogging.
- Easy access to cool, clear, filtered drinking water.
- Living in a border city and having the ability to discover a whole new world of fun things to do, see, and buy, just across the bridge or through the tunnel.
- A funny moment of connection with another shopper at the grocery store.
- Finding all of the ingredients – even light coconut milk! – for tomorrow’s Meatless Monday recipe.
- “If you don’t ask, they can’t say yes.”
- Summery weather extended into October!