I am not much of a gardener… in fact, I’m really not a gardener at all. And when it comes to yardwork… well, let’s just say that I’d rather be out with friends or sitting at my laptop. 🙂 So at the top of today’s gratitude list is whichever previous homeowner had the foresight to plant several lovely flowering bushes in our back yard that, no matter how much they’re neglected, delight us every year with their colourful blossoms. This week the peonies started to bloom – aren’t they lovely?
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Lots of fun (and sometimes spontaneous) social times with different sets of friends this week – a movie and coffee, pub trivia, a sushi dinner, and a game of bingo followed by a visit to Dairy Queen. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by just how blessed I am in terms of my friendships, both their quality and quantity.
- Receiving the exciting news that my family will be visiting us in Windsor this fall. So grateful that my parents have chosen to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary here, and that my sister will be able to join them.
- Having my parents to look to for a wonderful example of a strong, healthy, committed relationship. Their marriage is truly an inspiration to me.
- My own marriage, much younger at just over 15 years, but always growing and deepening.
- The encouragement, wise advice, and community available from blogging support groups.
- Being able to look on the bright side of the low Canadian dollar and actually having the exchange rate work in my favour. (It’s wonderful to get paid to write a blog post, and even more wonderful when I receive quite a bit more from the bank in Canadian money than the face value of the US cheque!)
- The rain today, which is making the world outside my window look especially green and vibrant.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in June!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.