Today’s post features something a little unusual at the top of my gratitude list – my new glasses, which I just picked up this week. I’m feeling grateful about them for a number of reasons: that the woman I dealt with at the store was very patient with my pickiness and spent ages helping me choose the right frames… that the store manager offered to lower the price substantially so that I could get the very best lenses possible… that I now have a second “good” pair of glasses as backup in case one gets broken… and that I was able not only to afford them, but also to have an overwhelming array of options, when I know that is not the case for many people in other parts of the world.
Now I realize that this isn’t the greatest selfie ever (I’m still not very good at taking them!), but at least you get an idea of how my new glasses look so you can share the joy. 🙂
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Pet store coupons! Now that we have four of the furry little beasts, we’re especially grateful when we’re able to take advantage of deep discounts on cat food and necessities.
- And, speaking of cats, the fact that the four of them continue to settle in well together and with us is gratifying.
- Hearing about good things, happiness, and success in the lives of my friends.
- Lots of opportunities to attend a wide variety of fun events, not only in our own city but also across the border in the Detroit area.
- Dealing with several very pleasant, helpful, and accommodating representatives when sorting out an annoying problem with my iPhone and carrier, and ending up with a satisfactory resolution.
- Deep, heartfelt connections and time spent with friends.
- More beautiful flowers appearing in our back yard.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in June!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.