Welcome to the first Gratitude Linkup of 2015! As I look back over the past year of writing and sharing weekly gratitude lists, as well as reading the gratitude posts you’ve shared with me, I can truly say that the practice has been life changing. I’m looking forward to the next year, and hope you will join me in expressing gratitude throughout the coming months.
As you might have guessed from the title of this post, I’ve decided to make a small change to the format of the Gratitude Linkup this year. Though I’ll still be posting my own weekly gratitude lists each Sunday, I’ll be keeping the same linkup open for a whole month instead of setting up a brand new one each week. There’s no limit to how many posts you’ll be able to add, though, so please feel free to link us up to as many gratitude posts as you choose to write throughout the month!
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- A fresh new year of possibilities and potential stretching ahead of us, just waiting to be experienced.
- Celebrating the gift of another birthday.
- Receiving some wonderful gifts from my family – a gorgeous pair of fingerless knit gloves and an olloclip telephoto lens for my iPhone. Now I can enjoy taking longer-distance outdoor photos while still keeping my hands warm!
- My lovely friends at our favourite diner, who sang Happy Birthday as they presented me with my order of French toast studded with lit birthday candles.
- A 24-hour stream of Happy Birthday greetings and good wishes from Facebook friends.
- Receiving a new set of 3-in-1 lenses for my iPhone camera from olloclip to replace the ones that broke.
- Discovering the new, fun, free, and gently motivating YOU-app.
- The fact that we still don’t have any snow here in Windsor, in spite of the fact that other parts of the province (even areas not so far from us!) have been hit by winter storms. I know it’s coming eventually, but it’s awfully nice to have been spared for this long.
- Enjoying a wonderful 17-day vacation (which is fast coming to a close!) from work.
- Having a great job to which I don’t mind returning after a vacation.
- A workday that doesn’t start until 11:00 a.m., giving me the freedom to sleep in and/or time to pursue my own interests.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in January!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.