It has been a tragic and frightening week in our world. At times like this a part of me wonders if it’s at all meaningful or helpful to sit down and write my little weekly gratitude post, when so many of the items on my list are trifling little nothings in the grand scheme of things. But… “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
So I carry on.
My Gratitude List
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Being alive… and realizing that every breath I’m able to take is a blessing and a gift.
- Returning to work after a long holiday break and having a very productive and smooth first week back.
- Our public library and the multitude of books and resources available for free.
- A great evening with a couple of laugh-until-your-sides-ache sessions with friends.
- Book club discussions.
- Safety in the car on snowy, icy roads.
- Opportunities to see new perspectives and learn from others.
- Peter’s incredibly encouraging post-surgery progress.
- A very sweet surprise birthday gift from a lovely friend.
- Kind and sincere compliments.
- The interesting, creative, talented people I meet through blogging.
- The promise of an afternoon nap.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in January!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.