One of the highlights of this past week was an incredibly fun evening with four friends (and thirty-some-odd strangers) at Paint Nite, where in the space of around two hours each person in the group painted, with instruction along the way, their own version of a piece of art on display at the front of the room. No one in our group had much (if any) painting experience, so it was definitely an adventure! I had such a great time, and so today gratitude for my lovely friends is at the top of my list. I am truly blessed to have them in my life.
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- My dear mom, who celebrated another birthday this past week.
- Really good books, the authors who write them, and having the time and inclination to read them.
- The (far too short) life and work of Alan Turing. (If you want to learn more about this fascinating man, I highly recommend heading to the theatre to see The Imitation Game.)
- Movies, and each of the creative individuals who play a part in making stories visual for our entertainment and enlightenment.
- Music of (almost!) all kinds, and the memories and feelings listening to it can evoke.
- Bright ideas and inspiration.
- Our beautiful, sweet, funny little cats.
- The ability to be creative and preserve memories with digital photography.
- Looking forward to social events and time with friends.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in February!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.