You know, it’s been kind of a rough couple of weeks. My cough and cold have been ongoing (albeit to a lesser degree this past week than the one before), as have Peter’s, and we’re both getting quite tired of the whole situation. I’ve only been out of the house twice since I first got sick, and both times quickly wiped me out. And looking back at an accumulation of several annoying, inconvenient, or disappointing things that have already happened in 2015 puts me in a negative, complaining frame of mind. Kind of makes it a challenge to sit down and focus on my gratitude list!
So I’m thinking that it’s time for me to get back to basics… and along those lines, here’s a little reminder-to-self to get me started.
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- My usual good health and energy, which I so often take for granted.
- Being able to get out for a fun evening this past week to see a couple of our friends and play some trivia.
- The companionship and affection of our two beautiful cats.
- Having a great, fuel-efficient little car that ably takes us where we want and need to go.
- That for the moment our laneway is clear enough of snow and ice that our car doesn’t get stuck when going in and out of the garage.
- Having a spacious, warm home full of comfortable furniture.
- That our furnace is working and our water pipes aren’t frozen.
- My art supplies and instruction books.
- The friends and food at our favourite diner.
- A fridge with filtered water and ice dispensers.
- A seemingly endless supply of reading material at my disposal.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in February!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.