Did you know that today – February 15th – is National Flag of Canada Day? And that this year – 2015 – just happens to mark the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of Canada’s flag? It seems like an appropriate opportunity for me to highlight my beautiful country, and put everything I am privileged to have and experience as a Canadian citizen at the very top of my gratitude list.
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Peter’s willingness to go out to the store several times throughout this past week, in spite of being just as sick as I was, to pick up the things we needed to get us through.
- Feeling better enough to go back to work for two days and get (mostly) caught up.
- Working from home.
- A warm house that keeps us safe from extreme cold winter temperatures.
- Hot tea.
- Good books.
- Uninterrupted sleep.
- Having laundry facilities in our own home.
- A generous friend going out of her way to drop off several bags of magazines for me to use in art journaling.
- Knowing that even when I have to miss or say no to events, nothing changes between me and my friends – they’re still there for me, and they still care, and there will always be next time.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in February!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.