It started out with a little tickle in my throat on Friday… progressed with a sneezing fit (that freaked out poor Oscar) on Saturday… then developed into sinus pain, mild headache, sore throat, slight muscle aches, and the beginnings of a cough, all of which reared their ugly heads in the middle of last night.
I do believe I am coming down with a cold.
So why on earth is this at the start of my gratitude list, anyway? Well, I realized this morning that one of the real benefits (and there are many!) of working from home (and no longer needing to use public transit to get to the office) is that lessened contact with the general public means that I very rarely get sick. I actually don’t even remember the last time I got a cold – so yes, this is indeed something for which to be grateful!
Plus, I got an unexpected little shot of inspiration when I reached for my package of cough drops to soothe the tickle in my throat, so there’s that, too. 🙂
In no particular order, here is my own gratitude list for this moment in time. I hope that after reading it you’ll go on to write and share your own!
- Our next-door neighbour, who very kindly helped me remove the snow that a not-so-kind neighbour dumped on our sidewalk – and her doing so was especially kind, in that she had just arrived home from a day at work and was probably looking forward to heading into her warm house and crashing on the couch.
- My lovely friend who graciously picked me up and drove me to and from book club this week, since we couldn’t get our car out of the garage at the time.
- A brand new member and a great discussion at book club.
- That Peter was able to get the car out of our garage AND get unstuck from the snowy and icy mess that is the laneway and park on the street (which we’ll keep doing until things clear up). You really don’t realize how grateful you are to have ready transportation until it’s taken away from you!
- My wonderful group of friends who are always up for getting together for fun times.
- Generosity! I was crowdsourcing on Facebook for a good place to get reliable replacement iPad cables that didn’t cost an arm and a leg, and a friend offered to send me a couple of her extras.
- Staying caught up with laundry (no small feat for this procrastinator!).
- Rediscovering my scrapbooks, and being inspired with a new idea for future blog posts.
- My oh-so-comfortable bed in my lovely attic bedroom – nice to have a cozy place to retreat when I’m not feeling 100%.
Now it’s your turn!
How to get involved in the Gratitude Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open for the entire month, so feel free to add as many gratitude posts as you choose to write in February!
- Write and post a gratitude list in your own blog.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your gratitude post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the posts listed in the Gratitude Linkup.
P.S. – Here’s some background on why I started the Gratitude Linkup.