Sometimes Mondays aren’t so delightful. You know what I mean! But today has been lovely, not in a show-stopping spectacular way with plenty of fanfare, but rather quietly, with several small occurrences building on each other until added together they form a delightful whole.
Things That Delighted Me Today
- Seeing a ginger squirrel! Most of the squirrels back in Victoria were grey, and the majority of them here in Windsor are black, so it was such a surprise to see this little guy with his deep red coat and plumy strawberry blond tail. I know some people consider them to be pests – nothing more than fluffy-tailed rats – but I love watching them chase each other from fencepost to tree, up the telephone poles, and ’round and ’round the rooftops. They always look like they’re having so much fun!
- Blue skies, sunshine, and a soft warm breeze drifting in through my open office window. Totally unseasonable, but delightful nonetheless!
- The way my darling cat comes into my office every day for a good morning greeting and hug, even before she has a snack or uses her box. She is such a sweet little creature.
- Receiving some tremendously kind and thoughtful blog post comments, a couple of which almost brought me to (happy) tears. I love my bloggy friends!
- Sailing through a tremendous amount of work, and finally finishing an enormous project that’s been hanging over my head for months. I might actually catch up before my hours reduce!
- Enjoying the fragrance and flavour of a delicious pear at the peak of sweet ripeness.
- Experiencing that unexplainable, beyond-my-control sense of well-being, that “all is right with the world” feeling of goodwill and blessedness.
What delighted you today?
Written for GBE 2: Blog On –
WEEK #44 (3-18-12 to 3-24-12): Make a List and Title It