Happy New Year to you, Happy 50th Birthday to me, and welcome to my first (annual?) New Year’s “Not Resolutions” post at Alphabet Salad!
Why NOT resolutions, you might ask?
Personally, I’m not so much a fan of New Year’s resolutions – the very word brings out my inner rebel and dooms me to failure, year after year. That said, I’m a BIG fan of both intentions (see My 2017 Word of the Year + Linkup) and checklists (see The 50 by 50 Project: The Final Update), both of which help me to succeed in a way that resolutions don’t. (Perhaps I’m only fooling myself, and the two combined are actually the same as resolutions – but I know myself, and have come to understand that I’m more apt to stick with my goals if I package them as NOT resolutions!)
Since I’ve shared my intentions for 2017 via my word of the year, it’s now time to put my checklist into writing. I’m relieved to say that it’s not anywhere near as ambitious as my 50 by 50 Project was (not even close!), which means that I should have a much better chance of actually getting through everything on the list!
So, in no particular order, I present to you…
Laurel’s New Year’s “Not Resolutions” 2017 Checklist
- Write more regularly than I did in 2016 – not daily, but aiming for three or four blog posts each week, with the probable exception of the three-week period that I’m away in Italy (yes, Italy!).
- Reconnect with some of the blogging network groups in which I am (or used to be) a member.
- Learn and practice using the features of my new point-and-shoot camera before my trip to Italy (yes, Italy!).
- Finish learning all the designs posted on TanglePatterns.com.
- Create art for a second colouring book, aiming for publication in the fall.
- Create a new design for a Christmas/holiday card, both to sell online and send to family and friends.
- Participate in a craft fair to sell my art products and to promote my Zentangle classes.
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Participate in a 5K walk (NOT a run!) in which I earn a medal on completion.
I know I can do it… now on to a fresh new year!
What are you hoping to accomplish in 2017?