A new year is almost here, stretching ahead of us and holding all sorts of possibilities – some anticipated and others as-yet unknown… some within our control and others beyond… some long-planned and others spontaneous.
- Peter’s hip surgery is scheduled for January, followed by several weeks (or months) of healing and rehabilitation. I am looking forward to having him “back” in 2013 – that is, able to leave the house for events other than appointments at the hospital! There are a lot of restaurants he needs to experience with me… but even simply having the freedom and ability to go for a walk in the park together will be just great.
- Some household projects need to be dealt with soon – mostly small and fairly easy tasks – the most important being the installation of stair railings and banisters in our attic bedroom.
- Of course, I’m anticipating a whole bunch of book club meetings, dinners out, movies, theatre, and other social delights with my lovely group of friends!
- I am looking forward to increasing my knowledge of the Italian language as I work through the Level 2 course throughout the winter months.
- Peter and I are hoping to add two cats to the family! We’ve started looking tentatively, but it’ll most likely be after he’s up and around before we bring anyone new home. We’re hoping for littermates, or else two cats who have already lived together and are known to get along well.
- BlogHer ’13 is not so far away! I can’t wait to travel to Chicago with one of my local friends, stay with my wonderful roomie from last year’s conference, and of course, be a part of all that is BlogHer ’13.
- Something I want to experience next summer: visiting all of the sites on the Underground Railroad.
What are YOU expecting in 2013?