Because list-making is one of my true and lasting loves, for some Friday fun I’ve developed a compilation of the leisure-time, hobby-type, creative activities I’ve learned (or attempted and abandoned!) in the past.
Please note, though, that these items represent a wide, wide variety of skill levels! In other words, just because something shows up on the list doesn’t mean that I did it well, or even stuck with it for long… but I did try, which is to me one of the most important things!
So without further ado, I present…
My Lifetime Inventory of Attempted
Leisure-time, Hobby-type, Creative Activities!
- Playing musical instruments – piano, flute, clarinet, guitar
- Jewellery making using wire, beads, leather, polymer clay, metal, etc.
- Needle felting
- Rug hooking
- Rubber stamping
- Paper making
- Book making
- Sketching using pencil, charcoal, pastels, etc.
- Sketching using a drawing app
- Oil painting
- Wax sculptures
- Making bath goodies – salts, bombs, oils, etc.
- Sushi making
- Writing poetry
- Rock tumbling
- Basket making
- Copper tooling
- Indoor hydroponic gardening
- Herb gardening
- Web design
- Flash design
- Icon making
- Learning French
- Learning Italian
That’s all I can think of at the moment – but I reserve the right to edit as more things come to mind (or as I try something new)!
How many of these have you tried?
Inspire me to try something new!