My mind is rather scattered today, after having spent concentrated time focusing on completion of a project in order to meet a specific deadline. Now that the project has been wrapped up and my focus is being given a break, my thoughts, released from confinement, keep jumping from topic to topic, never remaining long in any one place. How appropriate that it’s Leap Day!
If you’ll bear with the random nature of this post, I’ll share a handful of Leap Day thoughts that have made their way out of my temporarily unfocused brain and onto the screen, and trust my focus will return tomorrow.
I just finished reading some of my favourite bloggers’ Leap Day posts, and in the process discovered some other interesting new blogs. I need more time in the day…
March is going to be a good month. Just off the top of my head, March should feature the following:
- My first writers’ group meeting. I won’t be sharing any of my work, of course – I’m not sure how long it is before newbies get/have to do so – but it’ll be an interesting experience, and something I’ve not done before.
- The Hunger Games movie is coming! I haven’t been this excited about a movie in awhile – I really hope they do justice to the book. The previews certainly look good!
- I’m working with a designer who’s doing some work for a new blog I’m launching in (hopefully) April. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with! Once she’s finished with her part of the work, I can go ahead and put the finishing touches on my new blog. I’m really excited about it, and hope it’s something that I’m able to build into an interesting and helpful resource. Stay tuned for an announcement about my venture!
- March will be my last month of working (the equivalent of) four full days per week at my paying (i.e., non-blogging!) job – after this month my scheduled time will reduce to 25 hours per week. I’m not particularly looking forward to the reduction in pay, but am definitely looking forward to having a three-day weekend every week! Plus I’ll have more time to put into my new blog – which, for reasons which will soon become evident, will take up more time than a “regular” blog. (Intrigued yet?!)
- Mad Men is finally returning! I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen. Any other Mad Men fans out there?
OK, enough of my rambling!
What’s on your mind today?