Despite the anxiety we’re facing in light of my husband’s upcoming surgery, there will also be plenty of fun and happy events to be enjoyed this month! As a reminder to keep my attitude and life in balance, I thought I’d take a few minutes to note some of the good things I expect September to bring.
- An afternoon out enjoying another professional pedicure with a friend – probably the last of this summer season. So glad I was introduced to this delightful treat!
- The launch of the iPhone 5, at which point I hope to finally join the smartphone era (and add to my growing collection of and love for iThings!).
- Ongoing walks with my walking group. Maybe we’ll see some gorgeous leaf colour changes this month?
- Girls’ book club – always a fun evening!
- An extra-special mixed book club event – dinner for all at the home of one of the members (who, incidentally, happens to be an amazing cook!).
- The startup of an Italian language class for which I’m registered (this is a hope rather than a guarantee, unfortunately, as low registration numbers may mean that the course is cancelled. Here’s hoping several Windsorites are inspired to sign up for Italian language lessons over the next week or so!).
- The first day of fall – my most favourite season of all.
- Girls’ dinner out at a restaurant with, among other delightful menu items, The Yummiest Pecan Pie EVER, served with homemade Bourbon ice cream.
What good things are you anticipating in September?