Just for fun – and because list-making is one of my true and lasting loves – I’ve gone back and scoured the furthest recesses of my brain to come up with a (hopefully comprehensive) compilation of the leisure-time, hobby-type, creative activities I’ve learned (or, in far too many cases, attempted and abandoned) in the past.
It actually turned out to be QUITE a list!
(Please note, though, that these items represent a wide, wide variety of skill levels! In other words, just because something shows up on the list doesn’t mean that I did it well, or even stuck with it for long… but I did try, which is to me one of the most important things in life.)
So without further ado, I present…
My Lifetime Inventory of Attempted
Leisure-time, Hobby-type, Creative Activities
- Playing musical instruments – piano, flute, clarinet, guitar
- Jewellery making using wire, beads, leather, polymer clay, metal, etc.
- Needle felting
- Rug hooking
- Weaving friendship bracelets
- Rubber stamping
- Paper making
- Book making
- Sketching using pencil, charcoal, pastels, etc.
- Sketching using a drawing app
- Zentangle® and ZIA (Zentangle®-Inspired Art)
- Oil painting
- Wax sculptures
- 30 Days of Creativity Challenge
- iPhoneography with editing apps and filters
- Photo A Day Challenge
- Making bath goodies – salts, bombs, oils, etc.
- Sushi making
- Vegetarian cooking
- Writing poetry
- Writing newspaper articles
- Mindful Writing Challenge (Small Stones)
- Rock tumbling
- Basket making
- Copper tooling
- Indoor hydroponic gardening
- Herb gardening
- Web design
- Flash design
- Icon making
- Learning French
- Learning Italian
- The Artist’s Way
Well, that’s all I can dream up at the moment – but I reserve the right to edit as more things come to mind (or as I try something new). And I’m always up for something new… feel free to inspire me!
How many of these have you tried? What can you add?