Every now and then I receive a nudge from a fellow blogger letting me know that they have included me on a list of blogs they’ve nominated to receive a blogger award. It’s always a thrill to receive one of these nudges, and to know that my little blog has meant something to someone.
But I have a confession to make.
You know how sometimes things just fall between the cracks? Even when they’re important? Well, last year I received several blogger nominations within a few months of each other (back when I was still blogging as Dawn Storey). While at the time I was both excited and moved when I received each and every one of them, and fully intended to post links and fulfill the obligations of the various awards… for whatever reason, I didn’t.
And I am sorry.
This week a nomination for a brand new award reminded me of my negligence, so I thought I’d take this opportunity to remedy the situation by saying a belated (but no less grateful) THANK YOU! to my very kind (and ever so patient!) blogging friends.
Thank you to Kat at My View Through Kat Eyes
for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award
in May, 2012.
Thank you to Denine Severino Taylor at words&music365
for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award
in June, 2012.
Thank you to Melanie Jean Juneau at The Joy of Mothering
for nominating me for the Fabulous Blog Ribbon
in July, 2012.
Thank you to Melanie Jean Juneau at motherofnine9
for nominating me for the Liebster Award
in August, 2012.
Thank you to Lorinda Taylor at Ruminations of a Remembrancer
for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award
in September, 2012.
(I believe I bookmarked everyone who had nominated me for an award in the past, but some of the links I saved are no longer working, so if I missed you please accept my apologies and heartfelt thanks.)
And now, to the one who reminded me to do this catching up, thank you to Life Breath Present, who just this week nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
- Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
- Your favourite colour: Burgundy (not as in Ron)
- Your favourite animal: Monkeys! (Haven’t you always wanted a monkey?)
- Your favourite non-alcoholic drink: Water (I know, bor-ing…)
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook (definitely)
- Your favourite pattern: Swirls (or maybe paisley)
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Yes! (*grin*)
- Your favourite number: Three (“Right. One… two… five.” “Three, sir.” “Three.”)
- Your favourite day of the week: Friday (everyone is happy on Friday!)
- Your favourite flower: Tulips (or freesias, because they smell divine)
- What is your passion? Life!
- Much Needed Advice
- Thoughts From the Shower
- May I Have a Word
- Sunbonnet Smart
- Becky Cochrane
- Everyday Gyaan
- Tea Leaves
- The Girl Who Cried Skinny
- The Black Tortoise
- A Writer Weaves a Tale
Please take a few minutes and visit each of these bloggers. Who knows – you might make a new friend!
And once again, thank you.