(Note: This post was written by Laurel Regan and originally published in a separate blog called “Fibre Yarns”, which was later merged with Alphabet Salad.)
Adapted from LiveJournal entry originally posted October 11th, 2004:
Though I’m not at all happy with the image quality of the scan (MUST get a digital camera!), I’m much more pleased with my second effort at a potholder. It actually turned out to be 7″ x 7″ (which is what it’s supposed to be!), plus I FINALLY figured out the whole “through the back stitch only” thing. (Third time’s a charm, I suppose!) The edges are still rather uneven, though slightly less so than my previous work. I’m also noticing that my hand is cramping slightly less, and I’m getting faster, too. Oh, and I didn’t lose or add any stitches (counted every row or two to make sure)!
This is so fun. 🙂