(Note: This post was written by Laurel Regan and originally published in a separate blog called “Fibre Yarns”, which was later merged with Alphabet Salad.)
Adapted from LiveJournal entry originally posted December 29th, 2004:
Yesterday’s project was to make a handtowel for my sister from some of the yarn she gave me in my Christmas stocking, i.e., Bernat Handicrafter (100% cotton), 42.5g (1.5oz), “Country Side Ombre” – 2 balls.
I’m rather pleased with the way it turned out – in fact, I think this was the first project I’ve done where NOTHING went wrong! I did think I was going to run out of yarn, but I ended up having enough – just barely, though (I was left with only about a foot of yarn)! I like the pattern, too. I’ve had hanging towels before, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with tie-backs to keep it hanging nicely… I thought that was a rather good idea. Weaving in the ends was a bit of a challenge due to the variegated nature of the yarn, but I kept all the weaving in on the “back” side of the towel, so it’s not quite as noticeable.
So, here’s me playing with my new digital camera… *grin*