The first six months of 2012 have been, in a word… ok, two… truly remarkable.
This year, so far…
- I celebrated my 45th birthday.
- I started writing a column.
- I settled into my new home, explored my new city, and met new and interesting people and potential new friends.
- I began finding community, joined a book club, was invited to (and joined) a second book club, and was invited to (and joined) an all-girls “try a different restaurant once a month” group.
- I visited a casino for the very first time in my life, but didn’t gamble! (We were there to see Nitty Gritty Dirt Band in concert.)
- I started living my dream: working part time!
- I started on the path to blogging in earnest, was honoured with several awards from fellow bloggers, and was featured several times on both BlogHer and Here Women Talk.
- I registered for BlogHer ’12 and started planning my trip to New York City.
- I planted and tended an herb garden for the very first time.
- I began putting down roots in my new city by finding doctors, a dentist, a pharmacy, a hair stylist.
- I finally cut my hair.
- I bought and became smitten with a new iPad.
- I got new glasses.
- I enjoyed many wonderful events on offer in my new city: Art in the Park, the LaSalle Strawberry Festival, Carrousel of the Nations (three weekends’ worth of fun and good food!), and the most spectacular fireworks over the Detroit River.
- I saw fireflies for the very first time, and was introduced to them in such a delightful way!
- I got my new blog, Insalata di Alfabeto, up and running in preparation for an anticipated trip to Italy.
- I celebrated my darling cat’s 20th birthday, and reflected with gratitude all the joy she’s brought me in the 19 years since I adopted her.
- I gathered up my courage and went through with my first mammogram, which was, surprisingly, easy-breezy. In fact, the most annoying and uncomfortable part of the whole long-dreaded ordeal was having to pay $5.00 (and losing $3.00) for a half-hour of parking!
- I met (in person!) a long-time online-only-so-far friend (and the rest of her family, too!) for a flying visit as they passed through my city on their way home from a road trip vacation.
- I successfully completed (as of this post) six full months of daily blogging with NaBloPoMo as well as the 30 Days of Creativity challenge.
- I fell in love with my life.
June 30, 2012 prompt:
STAR – The little sticker that we always wanted on our tests, but rarely got.
(If you want to see this in all its imperfect waxy goodness, clicking on the photo will take you to the larger version on Flickr.)
In case you missed it, this is what I’m doing throughout the month of June, and why. I’ll be posting all of my projects to my 30 Days of Creativity 2012 board on Pinterest.
Here’s to all good things for the next six months…