Happy (almost) New Year, Alphabet Salad readers! Since we’re very quickly approaching the end of 2016 (and considering all the rotten stuff that took place in our world this past year, I say moving on to a fresh new one can’t happen soon enough), it’s time for me to share my 2017 word of the year – and then invite you to do the same.
In previous years I’ve given quite a bit of time and thought to my choice of word before deciding on one, but this year it came to me almost immediately. Since I’m going to be working on a new art journal project over the months to come, I broke it in by making the first page a dedication to my word of the year, which is…
- I plan to explore new artistic techniques as I work through my year-long art journal project.
- A big focus of the first few months of the year will be to explore all of the options and possibilities for a thrilling three-week vacation that’s in the works.
- In May, I’ll be heading off to explore Italy with my mom and sister (yes, we’re really going!).
- In the year to come I will explore the features of my new point-and-shoot camera – a step up from my iPhone and towards (some day) getting a proper DSLR – and through putting them to use, explore new photography techniques.
- Now that I’ve got my feet wet as a CZT, I will explore new opportunities for teaching Zentangle to the people in my community.
So there you have it! Of course I’ll be writing more on each of these topics throughout the year to come, and I invite you to check back regularly for updates.
Now it’s your turn!
Ready to jump in?
How you can get involved in the 2017 Word of the Year Linkup
Note: This linkup will be open until January 15, 2017.
- Write and post an entry in your blog about the word you chose for 2017.
- Click the “add your link” button below and share your post.
- Click “get the InLinkz code” below and add the linkup code to your post.
- Visit and comment on some of the other posts listed in the linkup.