Whatever happened to January?! Seriously, it feels to me as though we were just celebrating the holidays (though perhaps that’s because I STILL haven’t taken down our string of greeting cards – must get on with that!)… yet here we are, already, with only a couple of days left in the first month of the new year. Cliché or not, time really does seem to fly.
But the good thing about this whole time-flying situation is that now we are given the gift of a brand spanking NEW month – an untapped resource full of promise, prospects, and possibilities. Yay for February! From a blogging perspective, how will you best take advantage of this wonderful opportunity? I have a suggestion…
Sign up for daily blogging with NaBloPoMo!
NaBloPoMo (short for National Blog Posting Month) is one of my favourite things about blogging. And now YOU have a chance to discover the joy for yourself! Whether you’re a seasoned NaBloPoMo signer-upper (like me), or maybe tried it a couple of times in the past (and finished – or not), or perhaps have never actually heard of the thing before (NaBloHUH?!), I’ve come up with what I believe are 12 rather compelling reasons why February 2015 is YOUR month to join in.
12 reasons why YOU should sign up for NaBloPoMo in February 2015!
- If you made New Year’s Resolutions and are still going strong, committing to blogging daily in February will help you keep up the momentum.
- If you made New Year’s Resolutions but have been slacking off, committing to blogging daily in February will help you get back on track.
- If you totally missed the boat on New Year’s Resolutions, this is your chance to start a new month by making a positive commitment to yourself!
- February is the shortest month of the year, which makes it the easiest month to complete a FULL month of daily blogging.
- Daily blogging will help you develop discipline.
- Daily blogging will help you hone your writing skills.
- Daily blogging will help you think creatively.
- You will connect with new writers and attract new readers – and maybe even make some friends – through your participation in NaBloPoMo.
- The NaBloPoMo February 2015 theme is “Make” – which, as you might suspect, delights my soul! I was especially thrilled to read that, “This month we want to celebrate you and your creativity.” You are creative – yes, YOU! – and here’s an amazing chance to discover, tap into, and share your own particular brand of creativity with the world.
- The NaBloPoMo writing prompts focused around the theme of “Make” are thought- and action-provoking. Who knows what you might be inspired to do and write?!
- If you don’t happen to be inspired by the theme of the month and/or the prompts, it doesn’t actually matter, because you know what? You’re allowed to write about anything you want. The only rule of NaBloPoMo is that you have to post something every day.
- I’m doing NaBloPoMo, and I’d LOVE your company!
So have I convinced you yet? Then what are you waiting for?! Head on over to BlogHer and sign up already! Then, when you’re done, come back here and share a link to your blog in the comments below so we can all follow along!
So… will YOU be doing NaBloPoMo in February?